Our faculty want to understand the design principles and physiological roles of membrane-spanning proteins and their membrane-associated protein partners. Specifically, how they mediate the selective transport of ions and small molecules, the uptake of macromolecules, and the transmission of mechanical and chemical signalling information across cell and organelle membranes.
Our faculty programs include:
- Ion channels and transporters
- Lipid transport by lipid flippases
- G-protein coupled receptors
- Membrane proteins for microbial cell wall synthesis
- Micron-scale plasma membrane domains