Qualified applicants will have strong undergraduate training in the chemical and/or biological sciences. All applications and related material are received by the Graduate School and complete applications are reviewed by the Biochemistry Admissions Committee, which is composed of departmental faculty members
The deadline to apply for the 2018-19 academic year is December 15, 2017.
On Campus Interview
Select applicants, living in the US, will be invited to on-campus recruiting weekends in January or February where you will interview with faculty, meet current students, and experience life in Durham.
Application Quick List
- Completed Application (Required)
- Transcripts including GPA
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume (Strongly recommended, but not required)
- Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE) (Required)
- Subject Test in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or Cell & Molecular Biology (Strongly recommended, but not required)
- Official TOEFL scores (Required for International Students, but may be waived)
The application and all supporting documents should be submitted by the December 1st deadline. Official GRE and TOEFL scores may be submitted later, however we should receive them as soon as possible.
Note: Students seeking admission to the Department of Biochemistry must apply to the Graduate School of Duke University. Before you begin, please read the entire Admissions website carefully, as it gives you further information on your requirements. Pay close attention to the Application Instructions—it’s a "checklist" for mandatory materials and provides answers touent freqly asked questions.
For more information about the application process, please read our frequently asked questions or if you’d like to speak with someone directly contact:
Director of Graduate Studies (DGSA)
251 Nanaline H Duke
Box 3711, DUMC
Durham NC 27710