Richard Brennan (Chair)
Gene Function and Regulation, Microbial Pathogenesis, Multidrug Resistance and Tolerance, Oxidative Stress, Protein Structure and Function, Protein-Nucleic Acid Interaction, Structural Biology, X-ray Crystallography
For the latest information on the Brennan Lab, including news, publications, research and members, please see our group web site at http://dukebrennanlab.com
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin at Madison 1984
- Miao, Y, Tenor, JL, Toffaletti, DL, Liu, J, Shadrick, WR, Schumacher, MA, Lee, RE, Perfect, JR, and Brennan, RG. Structures of trehalose-6-phosphate phosphatase from pathogenic fungi reveal the mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 113:7148-7153 ( June 2016).
- Perfect, JR, Tenor, JL, Miao, Y, and Brennan, RG. Trehalose pathway as an antifungal target. Virulence 1:1-7 (June 2016).
- Cuthbert, BJ, Brennan, RG, and Schumacher, MA. "Structural and Biochemical Characterization of the Francisella tularensis Pathogenicity Regulator, Macrophage Locus Protein A (MglA)." PloS one 10, no. 6 (January 2015): e0128225-.
- Schumacher, MA, Balani, P, Min, J, Chinnam, NB, Hansen, S, Vulić, M, Lewis, K, and Brennan, RG. "HipBA-promoter structures reveal the basis of heritable multidrug tolerance." Nature 524, no. 7563 (August 2015): 59-64.
- Schindler, BD, Seo, SM, Birukou, I, Brennan, RG, and Kaatz, GW. "Mutations within the mepA operator affect binding of the MepR regulatory protein and its induction by MepA substrates in Staphylococcus aureus." Journal of bacteriology 197, no. 6 (March 2015): 1104-1114. Full Text
- Reniere, ML, Whiteley, AT, Hamilton, KL, John, SM, Lauer, P, Brennan, RG, and Portnoy, DA."Glutathione activates virulence gene expression of an intracellular pathogen." Nature517, no. 7533 (January 2015): 170-173. Full Text
- Kovach, AR, Hoff, KE, Canty, JT, Orans, J, and Brennan, RG. "Recognition of U-rich RNA by Hfq from the Gram-positive pathogen Listeria monocytogenes." RNA (New York, N.Y.) 20, no. 10 (October 2014): 1548-1559. Full Text
- Tschowri, N, Schumacher, MA, Schlimpert, S, Chinnam, NB, Findlay, KC, Brennan, RG, and Buttner, MJ. "Tetrameric c-di-GMP mediates effective transcription factor dimerization to control Streptomyces development." Cell 158, no. 5 (August 2014): 1136-1147. Full Text
- Birukou, I, Seo, SM, Schindler, BD, Kaatz, GW, and Brennan, RG. "Structural mechanism of transcription regulation of the Staphylococcus aureus multidrug efflux operon mepRA by the MarR family repressor MepR." Nucleic Acids Res 42, no. 4 (February 2014): 2774-2788. Full Text Link to Item