Incoming students will register for fall courses during Orientation Week. The Biochemistry Advisory Committee will meet with each first year student to help with course selection for the Fall and Spring semesters. If needed, additional meeting to discuss further courses can be scheduled by the student and/or committee.
registration instructions will be sent by the BGSO prior to each term. Detailed instructions on how to register for courses through DukeHub can be found at the Registrar's website.
Instructions for Course Registration
Filling Your Book Bag
1. Log into DukeHub at the website
2. Click on the "Registration" tab at the top of the "Student Center" page.
3. The Class Search function will be presented. Search the Schedule to find a course to add to your book bag. Select "add to bookbag".
4. Permission numbers for courses requiring permission can be entered after the course is added to your book bag. Click "yes" in the permission required column or click on the class in your book bag. Enter the permission number in the pop-up box that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
5. To create a proposed schedule, check the box next to the courses in which you would like to enroll. Next, click on the "Validate" button. This will check the courses for time conflicts, permission, pre-requisites, and course load limits.
IMPORTANT: Having classes in your book bag or planner does NOT mean you are registered. You must actually enroll when your registration window opens.
1. Enter the Book
bag area in order to complete your enrollment. Check the box next to the courses in which you would like to enroll.
2. Click the "Enroll" button. The system will begin to enroll you in those classes, moving them from your book bag to your registration record. You will be asked to confirm your enrollment in these courses. If the indicated courses are accurate, click on "Finish Enrolling".
3. When the registration process is completed your enrolled class schedule will be displayed.
4. When the registration process is complete you can print your schedule. You can also view your schedule graphically.