Hashim M Al-Hashimi (Primary)
The theoretical design and implementation of new NMR experiments for probing the physicochemical properties of biomolecules, with particular interest in RNA and DNA and the proteins and small molecules that bind to them.
For the latest information on the Al-Hashimi Lab, including news, publications, research and members, please see our group web site at http://sites.duke.edu/alhashimilab/
- Fundamental Studies of RNA Folding Project 2 awarded by Stanford University 2014 - 2016
- Fundamental Studies of RNA Folding Project 3 awarded by Stanford University 2014 - 2016
- Targeting HIV-1 Regulatory RNA Elements awarded by National Institutes of Health 2005 - 2016
- The Center for HIV RNA Studies (CRNA) awarded by Regents of the University of Michigan 2014 - 2015
- Dynamics of Normal and Damaged DNA Under Relaxed and Supercoiled Conditions awarded by National Institutes of Health 2010 - 2015
- Functions of Carbon-Oxygen Hydrogen Bonding in Biological Methyl Transfer awarded by University of Michigan 2014 - 2015
- Biological Activity of Lead Compounds Targeting HIV-1 TAR RNA awarded by Regents of the University of Michigan 2014
- Fundamental Studies of RNA Folding Project 2 awarded by Stanford University 2014
- Fundamental Studies of RNA Folding Project 3 awarded by Stanford University 2014
- Mechanism of an Acid Activated Chaperone awarded by Regents of the University of Michigan 2014
Ph.D., Yale University 2000
- Yang S. and Al-Hashimi H.M. (2015) "Unveiling Inherent Degeneracies in Determining Population-weighted Ensembles of Inter-domain Orientational Distributions Using NMR Residual Dipolar Couplings: Application to RNA Helix Junction Helix Motifs." J Phys Chem B, In Press.
- Zhou H., Hintze B., Kimsey I.J. Sathyamoorthy B., Yang S., Richardson J., Al-Hashimi H.M. (2015). "New Insights into Hoogsteen Base Pairs in DNA Duplexes from a Structure-based Survey." Nucleic Acid Research 43(7):3420-33.
- Mustoe A., Liu X., Lin P., Al-Hashimi H.M., Fierke C., Brooks C. (2015) "A non-canonical secondary structure stabilizes mitochondrial tRNASer(UCN) by reducing the entropic cost of tertiary folding." J Am Chem Society 137(10):3592-9.
- Xue Y., Kellogg D., Kimsey I.J., Sathyamoorthy B., Stein Z., McBrairty M. (2015). "Characterizing RNA Excited States using NMR Relaxation Dispersion." Methods in Enzymology 558:39-73.
- Kimsey I.J., Petzold K., Sathyamoorthy B., Stein Z.W., and Al-Hashimi H.M. (2015). "Visualizing Transient Watson-Crick Like Mispairs in DNA and RNA Duplexes." Nature 519(7543):315-20.
- Mouzakis K., Dethoff E.A., Al-Hashimi H.M. (2015). "Dynamic motions of the HIV-1 frameshift site RNA." Biophys J 108(3):644-54.
- Enrico R., Salmon L., Fragai M., Parigi G., and Al-Hashimi H.M. (2014). “Insights into Domain-Domain Motions inProteins and RNA from Solution NMR.” Acc Chem Res 47(10):3118-26.
- Sathyamoorthy B., Lee J., Kimsey I.J., Ganser L., Al-Hashimi H.M. (2014). “Development and Application of Aromatic[13C, 1H] SOFAST-HMQC NMR Experiment for Nucleic Acids.” Biomolecular NMR 60(2-3):77-83.
- Ganser L.R., Mustoe A.M., Al-Hashimi H.M. (2014). “An RNA tertiary switch by modifying how helices are tethered.” Genome Biology15:425.
- Alvey H.S., Nikolova E.N., Gottardo F.L., and Al-Hashimi H.M. (2014). “Widespread Transient Hoogsteen Base-Pairs in Canonical Duplex DNA with Variable Energetics.” Nat Commun 4(5):4786.